Friday, February 7, 2014

One laid to rest..... One more gone

Today was a little emotional for two reasons.

Reason #1: Today I had the opportunity to attend the funeral for sgt Cory Wride. He was a great police officer that worked for the Utah county sheriffs office that was shot in his car. This was a sad day for officers and their families. He lived a great life but died a tragic death. There were thousands of officers in attendance and it was so wonderful to know that I am a part of this police officer family and the support that was shown was amazing.



Reason #2: Today I found out that a girl that I student taught 2 years ago hung herself and died because she was bullied and could not take it any more. She was quiet but really smart and beautiful I am so devastated and found a letter that she wrote to me when I left saying that one thing that she learned from me is that she could be anything that she wanted when she grew up all she had to do was put in  a little effort. She will be greatly missed. I am glad that I got to know her.

Today was also physically exhausting.

Only Reason: I went to help with a relief society activity in my Sister in laws ward and I did my zumba routines full out! I was so sore the next morning and I don't think that I have ever sweat so much in my whole life.

Today was just a rough day!


No comments:

Post a Comment